HAMZAT ISHOLA ABDULRAHEEM’ PROFILE
Education:- 1. Benghazi University, Benghazi, Libya 1974 – 1978
2. University of Ilorin 1980 – 1983
3. University of Ilorin 1984 – 1986
4. King Saud University, Riyadh 1989 – 1990
5. University of Ilorin 1988 – 1992
Degrees and Diplomas:
PG in education
M.A. Language Education
PG in the teaching of Arabic as a foreign language
- Director, KWASU Centre for Pre-degree and Remedial Studies
- Senior Lecturer and Head of Arabic Unit, Department of Languages and Literary Studies
- Deputy Provost, College of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences, KWASU
- Provost, Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin
- Sole Administrator, Kwara State Polytechnic
- Head of Department of Arabic language and literary studies – Islamic University, Say Niger Republic
- AssociateProfessor and Head of Arabic Department, Kaduna State University, Nigeria
Major Contributions to Curriculum Development:
- Developing B.A. Arabic Programme for University of Ado-Ekiti
- Reviewing B.A. and M.A. Arabic Programme for Islamic University, Niger
- Developing a diploma programme in the teaching of Arabic and Islamic Studies for Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin
- Developing an NCE Arabic medium programme which is the first of its kind recognized by National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE)
- Developing Remedial Programmes for Kwara State University
Some Academic Publications of Dr. Hamzat Ishola AbdulRaheem:
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. & Yunus Jamiu (2012): Women Quality Attributes as contained in Nana Asmau poems of elegy, a chapter contribution to a book from National Conference on Northern Nigerian Literature held at Kwara State University.
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2012): Promoting Women Education in Northern Nigeria through historical antecedents: A study of the flyting between Abdullahi bin Fodio and Ghoni, a chapter contribution to a book from National Conference on Northern Nigerian Literature held at Kwara State University pp 28-39.
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2012): Periodization of Arabic Literature in Nigeria: A study of Al-Ilory’s theory as contained in Misbah in: Shaikh Adam Abdullah Al-Ilory in the tableau of immortality. A publication of the Nigerian Centre for Arabic Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Vol. 2 Pp 101 – 111
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2012): Shaikh Al-Ilory min mandhurin lugawiyyin: Dirasatun Tahliliyyatun libadi qadayal-lugawiyyih fi mu’allafatihi, Shaik Adam Abdullah Al-Ilory fi maokibil-khalidin, a publication of the Nigerian Centre for Arabic Research, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Vol. 1 Pp 158 – 173
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2011): Daur-ul-Makhtutati-l-arabiyyah fi tatwiri-dd-irasati-l-lisaniyyah fi Nijiriya, a commissioned paper presented at an international conference on Arabic manuscript organized by European union and Usman Dan Fodio University and accepted for publication.
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. & M.A. Abdulraheem (2011): Daoru-n-Nahhwilarbiy wa manalijuh ta’alimihi fi fahamin-Nassil-Quarny in: Modern trends in Linguistics and Literary Studies, a publication of International Islamic University, Malaysia, IIUM Press. Pp 116 - 132
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2010): An-nusus-sul Arabiyyat fi bilad Yoruba min mandhurin balaghiyyin. Al-asalah Journal of Arabic and Islamic studies.Al-hikmah University, Ilorin, Pp 107 – 117
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2008): The influence of Arabic on some literary genres of Yoruba oral literature, EDE, Journal of linguistics, Literature and Culture, Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages, University of Ilorin. Vol 1, Pp 155 – 166
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2010) Yoruba Oral Literature of Arabic Origin: A Case Study of Jimba’s Collection of Ilorin Waka, in a book from the International Conference on African Literature and Theatre. Pp. 519-529
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2009) The Rivalry between English and Arabic in Nigerian Education System:Need for Curriculum Re-organization, in (ed):Amidu O.Sanni and Murtada A.Muhibu-din,Transformation in Arabic and Islamic Studies In Nigeria.pp.173-181
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2009) Maoqif Sheikh Adam el-ilory mina sira’ el llughawy byna el arabiyyah wal injiliziyah fil Nijirya,Journal of the Nigeria Association of teachers of Arabic Language and Literature, pp.38-49
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2008) Arabic as an alternative medium of Instruction in Nigeria, Prospects and challenges in Oseni (Ed) Fluorescence of Arabic and Islamic Studies in Nigeria. PP.9 -17.
- AbdulRaheem, H .I (2008) The role of Translation in the Globalization of Literatures: A case studies of Nigerian literature in Arabic, journal of liberal Arts, Faculty of Arts, Kaduna State University pp.15-34
- AbdulRaheem, H .I (2007) Nigerian Literature in Arabic: Concept and Preliminary Account of the content, Ayingba Journal of Arts & Humanities. A publication of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Kogi State University, Vol.4/PP 8-23.
- AbdulRaheem, H .I (2006) Allugatul- arabiyyah fi Zhilal sira aat-l – lugawiyyat of Nigeria, Journal of Nigeria Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies VOL 9 PP88-102.
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2004) Allugatul Arabiyyat Wataquaddumil “lmy wattaknology fi Nigeriya Attawasul Journal of world Islamic call, Tripoli, Libya. Pp 60 – 66
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (2003) Al Mu’allafatul Balagiyyah Li Ulama Yoruba: Ard wa Naqd, Journal of the Nigeria Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS), PP 79 – 94.
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (1999): Metaphor in Arabic and Yoruba: A comparative study Journal of Nigeria Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) 1999. PP 1 – 8
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (1998): The influence of Yoruba Metaphoric expressions on Arabic Litrature of Yoruba Authorship Alhadarat Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies of the Lagos State University. Vol. 1. No. 1.
- AbdulRaheem, H.I. (1996): Al-hajat Ila taosi’i-il-Janibi-l-lugawy fi manahijil-dd-irasaatil-Islamiyat fi dhilli Shariah bi Nijirya in: Shariah in a multi-faith Nigeria, a publication of Nigeria Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) Pp 140 – 147
Mobile Phone:- +2348033600564