Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Professor in the Department of Law, College of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences at the Kwara State University.
Candidates must possess:
- First Class (Honours), or Second Class (Honours), Upper Division Degree.
- LLB, LL.M and Ph.D. (Law) degree in any field of law from recognized Universities and Call to the Nigerian Bar with at least minimum of twelve (12) years cognate teaching, research and administrative experiences in a tertiary institution.
- demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership.
- ability to develop and execute research project and must show an evidence of research direction or supervision at the postgraduate, especially Masters Level.
- Candidates must also be specialist in any core area of the departmental fields of Business and Private Law, Public and International Law and Islamic Law with evidence of substantial scholarly publications in both local, national and international reputable learned and academic journals and Conference proceedings.
- Proficiency in ICT with demonstrable competence is a requirement.
- Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward 15 hard copies each of their applications, photocopies of their credentials and current Curriculum Vitae which should contain the following:
- Full names (Surname Last in Block Letters)
- Post Applied for
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and their ages
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin (if Nigerian)
- Local Government Area
- Contact address
- Permanent Home address
- GSM Numbers and e-mail address
- Institution(s) Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates
- Number of Publications
- Present Employment Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicants to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to the Registrar, indicating the post applied for.
All applications should be addressed to the Registrar, Kwara State University, Malete, P.M.B 1530, Ilorin.
The post applied for should be indicated in the left side corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.
All applications and referees’ reports should be submitted not later than four (4) weeks from the date of this advertisement. Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Application closes by 12:00 noon, Friday 8th June, 2018.