INVITATION FOR ADMISSION INTO DIPLOMA IN DLS, DILS, ADLS
INVITATION FOR ADMISSION INTO DIPLOMA IN LEGAL STUDIES (DLS), DIPLOMA IN ISLAMIC LEGAL STUDIES (DILS) AND ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LEGAL STUDIES (ADLS) PROGRAMMES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LAW
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES, MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
(FULL TIME/PART TIME)
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Diploma in Legal Studies (DLS), Diploma in Islamic Legal Studies (DILS) and Advanced Diploma in Legal Studies (ADLS) Programmes of the Department of Law, College of Humanities, Management & Social Sciences, Kwara State University, Malete, Nigeria. The applications are open for Full-Time and Part-time programmes.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application Fee: N10,000 (Full Time) and N12,500 (Part Time).
Pay at Bank: Skye Bank Plc
Account No.: 1771064571
Account Name: Kwara State University
- Visit our website at: www.kwasu.edu.ng and click on “Apply Online for the Diploma in Legal Studies, Diploma in Islamic Legal Studies and Advanced Diploma in Legal Studies”
- Complete the registration form.
- Provide your teller number and Bank information where required.
- Check the email address provided in the form for the print out of your registration details.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Young School Leavers (Holders of SSCE)
- Staff of the Judiciary
- Bank/Insurance Officers and Staff of Other Financial Institutions
- Civil Servants, Estate Managers and Tax Officers
- Any person in need of the Basic Working Knowledge of Law and Its Application
- Military/Paramilitary Personnel
- Candidates looking forward to a future career in the Legal Profession
- Holders of University Degrees; OND; HND; NCE in non-Law related fields
- Journalists; NGO workers; Administrators; Businessmen/women; Non-Lawyer Human Rights and Social Justice Activists; etc.
- Politicians; Political Scientists and Public Office Holders with the need for Knowledge of law
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Conferment of: Diploma in Legal Studies (DLS), Diploma in Islamic Legal Studies and Advanced Diploma in Legal Studies by the Kwara State University.
- DLS is acceptable for admission into ADLS
- ADLS is acceptable for admission into KWASU Degree Programmes in Humanities, Management, Social Sciences and Mass Communication
- Candidates will be well equipped with Basic Working Knowledge of Law and Practice.
QUALIFICATION FOR THE PROGRAMME
- 1. Diploma in Legal Studies and Diploma in Islamic Legal Studies (DLS & DILS)
At least Five (5) Credits in English Language, Literature in English and Mathematics (Pass may be taken for Maths) and Two other Subjects amongst Government; History; IRS/CRS; Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo/Arabic/French; Geography; Commerce; Economics; Accounting; Agriculture; Biology; Chemistry; or Physics; Computer Science obtained in not more than two sittings in WAEC; NECO; or NABTEB examinations or a combination of any two of them. Three other subjects are required for candidates with a pass in Mathematics.
- 2. Advanced Diploma in Legal Studies (ADLS)
- As in 1 above
- Previous Degrees; Diplomas; or NCE in any other Field would be an added advantage
- KWASU Diploma in Legal Studies and Diploma in Islamic Legal Studies
- The Programme aims to provide an opportunity for students to learn about substantive Nigerian law and practice, and to gain experience in skill-based tasks necessary for them to make a significant contribution to their workplace organizations and the wider community.
- The specific objectives of the Programme are:
a) To equip students with a general foundation of knowledge in selected areas of legal studies and practice procedures
b) To equip students with the basic skills to provide support to legal practitioners in various types of professional legal practice.
c) DLS & DILS are acceptable for admission into ADLS
d) ADLS is acceptable for admission into KWASU Degree Programmes in Humanities, Management, Social Sciences and Mass Communication
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION AND SCREENING
The application closes on Monday 25thth September, 2014 while the applicants will appear for screening on Saturday, 27thth September, 2014.
The screening exercise is scheduled as follows:
- Date: Saturday, 27th September, 2014
- Time: 9: 00am prompt
- Venue: KWASU Contact Office, Former KWADP Building along Old Jebba Road Sango, Ilorin.
- Required Documents: Applicants must bring along originals and a set of photocopies of their credentials; Original and photocopies of the Payment-Teller; two copies of passport-size photograph and evidence of date of birth (Declaration of Age is not acceptable).
DURATION AND VENUE OF THE PROGRAMME
FULLTIME (DLS, DILS & ADLS): The programme will run for 36 Weeks while lectures hold from Mondays to Saturdays (8:00AM – 4:00PM) at the Kwara State University, Malete.
PART TIME (DLS, DILS & ADLS): The programme will run for 72 Weeks while lectures hold on Fridays (5PM-8PM) and Saturdays (9:00AM – 5:00PM) at KWASU Contact Office Sango, Ilorin.
List of admitted candidates shall be placed on the KWASU website on Tuesday 30th September, 2014 while Registration and Resumption shall commence on Monday 6th October, 2014.
DLS & DILS
- FULL TIME: N75, 000.00 (Seventy-Five Thousand Naira)
- PART-TIME: N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira)
- Other sundry charges as may be applicable to the programme
- FULL-TIME: N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira)
- PART-TIME: N125, 000.00 (One Hundred and Twenty-Five Thousand)
NOTE: Upon receipt of official notice of admission, students can pay the tuition fee (No instalment payment for Full-Time Students). Fee paid is neither refundable nor transferable under any circumstances.
For further enquiries on the programme, interested candidates should call any of the following numbers
- 08033863553 or visit www.kwasu.edu.ng